From: Raj Hadoop [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2013 2:02 PM
To: Sqoop
Subject: Sqoop connection to MS SQL Server
I am getting error messages while connecting to a MS SQL Server running on a VM which has multiple instances.

If it is a single machine and single instance - I could sucessfully run through the following command.

sqoop import --connect 'jdbc:sqlserver://ABC_SERVER:1433;username=u1;password=pass1;database=cust' --table CUST_INFO --hive-table CUST_INFO --hive-import --verbose

But if I have to connect to specific instances like this -
sqoop import --connect 'jdbc:sqlserver://ABC_SERVER:1433/Instance_Name1;username=u1;password=pass1;database=cust' --table CUST_INFO --hive-table CUST_INFO --hive-import --verbose

I am getting the error like -
Unable to find the object CUST_INFO

Are there any known issues while connecting to a MS SQL Server ( VM and multiple instances). Please advise.