Hive, mail # user - Optimising mappers for number of nodes

Re: Optimising mappers for number of nodes
Prasanth Jayachandran 2014-02-03, 18:59
Hi

hive.max.split.size can be tuned to decrease the number of mappers. Reference: http://www.slideshare.net/ye.mikez/hive-tuning (slide number 38)

Also using CombineHiveInputFormat (default input format) will combine multiple small files to form a large split and hence less number of mappers.

Thanks
Prasanth Jayachandran

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE