Hive >> mail # user >> Learn Java for Hadoop

Learn Java for Hadoop
Greetings to everyone.

I am a newbie in Java and seeks guidance in learning "Java specifically required for Hadoop". It will be really helpful if someone can pass on the links/topics/online-courses which can be helpful to get started on it.

I come from ETL & DB- SQL background and currently working on Hive/Impala/Pig/Sqoop since couple of years.

I have done some research on other tools of Big Data and Java will be required in depth. Below is the list of tools analysed :
- Real time processing  (Apache Kafka and  Storm)
- Advance Searching (Solr/Lucene)
- Machine learning (Apache Mahout)

Please feel free to comment if I am off-base on anything.

Kindly suggest regarding the same and thanks for going thru the post and providing your valuable time.

Thanks,
Saurabh