Hive >> mail # user >> Re: DESCRIBE EXTENDED show numRows=0

Re: DESCRIBE EXTENDED show numRows=0
the answer to this would seemingly be no.  i just tried it in hive v0.12.

numRows=0 before and numRows=0 after my running of "analyze table <table>
compute statistics"

other values are populated though just not numRows. I wonder why that is.

Cheers,
Stephen

{noformat}

parameters:{numPartitions=0, numFiles=420, last_modified_by=dwr,
last_modified_time=1390986197, transient_lastDdlTime=1391060001,
totalSize=10748060517, *numRows=0,* rawDataSize=0}, viewOriginalText:null,
viewExpandedText:null, tableType:MANAGED_TABLE)

{noformat}