Hive, mail # user - Re: Issue with Hive and table with lots of column - 2014-02-19, 15:54

Re: Issue with Hive and table with lots of column
ok. thanks.

so given everything we know the choices i see are:

1. increase your heapsize some more. (And of course confirm your process
that your reported the -Xmx8192M is the HiveServer2 process.)

2. modify your query such that it doesn't use "select *"

3. modify your query such that it does its own buffering.  maybe stream it?

4. create a jira ticket and request that the internal buffer size that the
hiveserver2 uses for staging results be configurable.

That's all _i_ got left in the tank for this issue.  I think we need an SME
who is familiar with the code now.

Regards,
Stephen.