Hive >> mail # user >> Which side (map/reduce) does a UDF/UDTF/UDAF execute

Which side (map/reduce) does a UDF/UDTF/UDAF execute
Hi,

I need to know  what are conditions based on which  Hive decides to execute
a  UDF, UDTF and UDAF  on the map or reduce side. So far I have understood
that UDFs are mostly executed on map side and
UDAFs on reduce side. But are there any conditions in which a UDF can be
executed on reduce side and UDAF on map side.  I haven't found any info for
UDTFs. It would be great if you could provide an explanation  for each of
theses or point me to the hive source code files where I should look for
the answers.

Thanks
Vaibhav Jain