Hive >> mail # dev >> Dropping support for JDK6 in Apache Hadoop

Re: Dropping support for JDK6 in Apache Hadoop
Yes, in terms of forward compatibility, my company has been certifying the
current Hadoop-related stack on JDK7 (both Oracle and OpenJDK) for some
time.  No problems there, in our experience.

For stopping supporting JDK6 in the near future, and enabling JDK7 feature
usage, +1.