Hive >> mail # user >> Using Hive generated SeqeunceFiles and RC files with Java MapReduce and PIG

Re: Using Hive generated SeqeunceFiles and RC files with Java MapReduce and PIG
Thanks for the information Edward.

When you use the default Serde (lazySerde) and sequence files hive writes a
> SequenceFile(create table x .... stored as sequence file) , the key is null
> and hive serializes all the columns into a Text Writable that is easy for
> other tools to read.

Does this mean, using the default Serde would not give us much advantages
over using a TextFile, other than the split-ability (and the compression
options due to it) of the SequenceFiles?

thanks,
Thilina