Hive, mail # user - Compiling Hive 0.12.0

Re: Compiling Hive 0.12.0
Prasanth Jayachandran 2014-02-13, 02:18
Bryan,

This might be a bug. Are you testing with sample data? Will it be possible to send me the values in col_b? Alternatively, you can file a bug and upload the data for failing column. I can take a look at it.

There is another bug that was opened recently. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-6382
You can try applying patch from HIVE-6382 on top of HIVE-5991 and see if it solves the issue. HIVE-6382 added some protection against integer overflows. Let me know if it helps.

Thanks
Prasanth Jayachandran