Hive >> mail # user >> org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient with webhcat REST

RE: org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient with webhcat REST
Hi,

I'm reluctant to answer this as I am very far from knowledgeable about this.
However the error that you're getting looks the one that I always get when I
do not have a hive server running. I think that your hcat commands can be
serviced without a hive server, but that your failing command cannot.

In other words you need to execute something like this first:

$ nohup hive --service hiveserver &

Also the URL that you are using looks a little strange.
Normally you would have something like

$ curl http://localhost:50111/templeton/v1/ddl/database/default?user.name=<myname><http://localhost:50111/templeton/v1/ddl/database/default?user.name=%3cmyname%3e>

so your URL suggests that you have a database called "testtable"?

I really hope that this helps.

Regards,

Peter Marron
Senior Developer
Trillium Software, A Harte Hanks Company
Theale Court, 1st Floor, 11-13 High Street
Theale
RG7 5AH
+44 (0) 118 940 7609 office
+44 (0) 118 940 7699 fax