Hive >> mail # user >> Issue with Hive and table with lots of column

Issue with Hive and table with lots of column
Hello,

I'm trying to test Hive with Tables including quite a lot of Columns.

We are using the data from the KDD Cup 2009 based on anonymised real case
dataset.
http://www.sigkdd.org/kdd-cup-2009-customer-relationship-prediction

The aim is to be able to create and manipulate a table with 15,000 columns.

We were actually able to create the table and to load data inside it.
You can find the create statement inside the attached file.
The data file is pretty big, but i can share it if anyone want it.
The statement
SELECT * FROM orange_large_train_3 LIMIT 1000
is working fine,

But the
SELECT * FROM orange_large_train_3
doesn't work.
We have tried several options for creating tables including creating the
table using the ColumnarSerde row format, but couldn't make it works.

Does any of you have any server configuration or storage to use when
creating table
in order to make it works with such a number of columns ?

Regards,

David Gayou

 CREATE TABLE orange_large_train_3 (
KxIndex BIGINT,