Hive, mail # user - Re: problem with delimiters (control A) - 2014-05-29, 23:38
Re: problem with delimiters (control A)
Hi Jack

Since u already have your data with columns separated by CtrlA then u need to define the HIVE table as follows
(by default Hive will assume CtrlA as column delimiter)

create table if not exists my_test(
    userid          BIGINT,
    movieId         BIGINT,
    comment         STRING
);
regards

sanjay
From: Petter von Dolwitz (Hem) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2014 8:00 AM
Subject: Re: problem with delimiters (control A)

Hi Jack,

could it be that your source file does not use \001 as delimiter but the character sequence "^A"? I get this feeling when looking at your cat printout and also when you say you can do a search and replace. If I do a print out of a file with the same delimiter I get the following

2014-04-097846478510
2014-04-107851178558

These are actually three columns but you cannot see the ^A because it is not a printable character. Check your file in a hex editor or something to verify that you have the correct delimiter.

Br,
Petter

Hi All,