Hive >> mail # dev >> --hiveconf vs -hiveconf

Re: --hiveconf vs -hiveconf
This is just getting more and more interesting. I never thought of
-hiveconf option, and always assumed it was a typo of --hiveconf. (That's
why I edited the one, which triggered the discovery.) I just checked and
found that both work, which is out of my surprise.

With this assumption, Beeline has implemented only --hiveconf to mimic CLI.

As to the documentation, I think we can stick to --hiveconf from now on,
since they are supported by both CLI and Beeline. However, -hiveconf will
continue to work for CLI until its death.

Thanks,
Xuefu