Hive, mail # dev - Re: RCFile vs SequenceFile vs text files - 2014-01-27, 20:14

Thilina Gunarathne 2014-01-27, 19:06
+
Eric Hanson 2014-01-27, 19:30
+
Sharath Punreddy 2014-01-27, 19:35
+
Thilina Gunarathne 2014-01-27, 19:45
+
Edward Capriolo 2014-01-27, 19:48
+
Edward Capriolo 2014-01-27, 20:09
Re: RCFile vs SequenceFile vs text files
Thanks Edward. I'm actually populating this table periodically from another
temporary table and OCR sounds like a good fit. But unfortunately we are
stuck with Hive 0.9.

I wonder how easy/hard to use the data stored as RCFile or ORC with Java
MapReduce?

thanks,
Thilina