Hive >> mail # user >> Best way to avoid cross join

Re: Best way to avoid cross join
from the mail thread's last line

The correct fix would be to have 1 reducer in case of a Cartesian
product

hack to avoid this was (1 = 1). I think that's been taken care by the
hash partitioner  to go to single reducer.

Other option (atleast for me) looks like to go PIG script. Never tried
so you may give it a shot.