Hive, mail # user - Hive equivalent of dump() in Oracle - 2014-02-02, 12:49

Hive equivalent of dump() in Oracle

In oracle,DUMP returns a VARCHAR2 value containing the datatype code,
length in bytes, and internal representation of expr.

SELECT DUMP('abc', 1016)

Typ=96 Len=3 CharacterSet=WE8DEC: 61,62,63
Do we have any equivalent function in Hive?

If it's present, can I create a JIRA for this? I feel, it would be
useful much while analyzing data issues.