Hive >> mail # user >> Is it possible to run Hive 0.12 in local mode without Hadoop binary?

Is it possible to run Hive 0.12 in local mode without Hadoop binary?
Hi, cool guys.

I'm doing Hive GUI opensource project called zeppelin.
http://zeppelin-project.org
In this project, i execute hive in local mode when GUI application want to
run in local mode. Everything works really well.

However, Hive local mode still need location of HADOOP_HOME and looking for
hadoop binary. This is quite annoying when distributing a GUI application.
So, my question is, is there any way to run Hive 0.12 in local mode without
Hadoop binary package?

Many thanks for considering my question.

Best,
moon