Hive, mail # user - additional hive functions - 2014-03-12, 21:21

additional hive functions
just a public service announcement.

I had a case where i had a nested json array in a string and i needed that
to act like a first class array in hive. natively, you can pull it out but
it'll just a string. woe is me.

I searched around the web and found this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19867155/array-contains-equivalent-for-json-in-hiveql

follow the link for the brickhouse libs in the above url and you'll find a
veritable treasure trove of useful functions.
Cheers,
Stephen.
PS I have zero affiliation to brickhouse.