Hive >> mail # user >> Building Hive

RE: Building Hive
Ah, thank you.
I think that I probably should have known that already.

From: Lefty Leverenz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 28 January 2014 11:05
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Building Hive

I can only answer your last question about rebuilding the metastore:  a new Hive schema tool can do that for you, as described in the wiki here<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Hive+Schema+Tool#HiveSchemaTool-TheHiveSchemaTool>.

This tool can be used to initialize the metastore schema for the current Hive version. It can also handle upgrading the schema from an older version to current. It tries to find the current schema from the metastore if it is available. This will be applicable to future upgrades like 0.12.0 to 0.13.0. In case of upgrades from older releases like 0.7.0 or 0.10.0, you can specify the schema version of the existing metastore as a command line option to the tool.

-- Lefty