HDFS >> mail # user >> RE: Profiling the Mapper using hprof on Hadoop 0.20.205

RE: Profiling the Mapper using hprof on Hadoop 0.20.205

What range you gave it for mapred.task.profile.maps? And you sure your mapper will invoke the methods you expect in the traces?
Yong

Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 23:50:08 +0200
Subject: Profiling the Mapper using hprof on Hadoop 0.20.205
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi,I wish to profile my mapper, so I've set the properties mapred.task.profile and mapred.task.profile.maps in mapred-site.xml.
At the end of the job I'm getting a profile.out file, however I think it's not the profile of the mapper... none of the methods I use in the mapper appear on any of the traces. Am I doing something wrong?
I'm using a small cluster with 4 machines.
Thanks,Yaron