HBase >> mail # dev >> Artifact id for HBase - trunk

+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-02-25, 11:17
+
Nicolas Liochon 2013-02-25, 11:25
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-02-25, 12:51
+
Nicolas Liochon 2013-02-25, 13:37
Re: Artifact id for HBase - trunk
I don't think you need a patch (not sure what Nicholas was commenting on
WRT to Elliots work here) - that's the way mutli-module maven projects work
AFAIK. Hopefully, when Elliot does finish the client module though, pulling
in just hbase-client and hbase-common (for client side stuff) will be
natural (as opposed to the current where you need all the modules for the
client, including hbase-server).

It might be nice though to have a meta artifact that's just
hbase-<VERSION>. I did something similar for Phoenix where you basically
can build a single jar with all the dependent, compiled sources rolled into
the jar (as opposed to a jar of jars), so we could consider something like
that too.

-Jesse
-------------------
Jesse Yates
@jesse_yates
jyates.github.com
On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 5:37 AM, Nicolas Liochon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I understood that Elliot is working on this subject, but I don't know
> exactly what he's targeting. Just that it will be ready very soon...
>

> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 1:51 PM, ramkrishna vasudevan <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Thanks N.
> >
> > So should we change something in the pom.xml for trunk and commit it as
> > part of HBase.  If so i will raise a JIRA for the same.
> >
> > Regards
> > Ram
> >
> > On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Nicolas Liochon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > You're just right, Ram :-)

> > > whether

> > > snapshot i