HBase >> mail # dev >> Artifact id for HBase - trunk

Re: Artifact id for HBase - trunk
I don't think you need a patch (not sure what Nicholas was commenting on
WRT to Elliots work here) - that's the way mutli-module maven projects work
AFAIK. Hopefully, when Elliot does finish the client module though, pulling
in just hbase-client and hbase-common (for client side stuff) will be
natural (as opposed to the current where you need all the modules for the
client, including hbase-server).

It might be nice though to have a meta artifact that's just
hbase-<VERSION>. I did something similar for Phoenix where you basically
can build a single jar with all the dependent, compiled sources rolled into
the jar (as opposed to a jar of jars), so we could consider something like
that too.

-Jesse
Jesse Yates
@jesse_yates