Flume >> mail # user >> SolrCell help!

Re: SolrCell help!
Looks like the DcXMLParser spits out a metadata field called "title" and another title as part of the Tika XML stream. That metadata field is then added to the solr document by solrcell. If you add "title" to the captures the title from the XML stream gets added as well by solrcell.

JSON support has been released in morphlines-0.4.1 (which flume trunk is now depending on): http://cloudera.github.io/cdk/docs/0.4.1/cdk-morphlines/morphlinesReferenceGuide.html#readJson

Note that Tika XML doesn't really support/capture XPath extraction with SolrCell. We have added proper support for reading, extracting and transforming XML and HTML with XPath, XQuery and XSLT on the current morphlines trunk (not yet released), similar to the way we already support JSON and Avro. This should make XML handling a lot more straightforward, and make the very limited XML SolrCell approach obsolete. Look for the new "xquery" and "xslt" command in https://github.com/cloudera/cdk/blob/master/cdk-morphlines/src/site/confluence/morphlinesReferenceGuide.confluence

Meanwhile, consider using these new commands or, use JSON or Avro, or write your own custom morphline commands that extract whatever you want from your XML data.

Wolfgang.