Hadoop >> mail # user >> Authentication

+
Denis Kreis 2011-11-18, 11:47
+
Harsh J 2011-11-18, 13:30
+
Denis Kreis 2011-11-18, 14:44
+
Jignesh Patel 2011-11-18, 14:52
+
Harsh J 2011-11-18, 15:05
Re: Authentication
On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 6:52 AM, Jignesh Patel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Harsh,
> Does that mean to implement authentication we need to have oozie jars with
> hadoop jars?

To be clear, all of the functionality is in Hadoop. The user "oozie"
was used as an example and we should probably change the example to
look more like:

<property>
  <name>hadoop.proxyuser.myproxy.groups</name>
  <value>group1,group2</value>
</property>
<property>
  <name>hadoop.proxyuser.myproxy.hosts</name>
  <value>host1,host2</value>
</property>

Which enables the "myproxy" user to impersonate "group1" or "group2"
when working on "host1" or "host2".

-- Owen