HBase >> mail # dev >> Region movements and HBase replication

Re: Region movements and HBase replication

To my knowledge, the scenario you mentioned below could happen. The
similar issue could happen in another scenario: replication region server
failover case because failover replication waits for RS fail over
completes and then replicate failed over edits. By then, the new RS could
replicate edits of the same region while logs in fail over queue are being
replicated.

Fortunately the issue can only happen when a client sends same version
updates(means exact same row key plus same timestamp). If you don't
provide timestamp in your client code then I think you're fine. The issue
isn't trivial to fix and basically requires storing origin sequence number
along with KVs till those race time window pass.

Thanks.