Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Is C++ code still part of 1.5 release?

+
David Medinets 2013-05-13, 03:22
+
Christopher 2013-05-13, 03:45
+
Josh Elser 2013-05-13, 14:40
+
Christopher 2013-05-13, 15:08
+
David Medinets 2013-05-13, 21:29
+
Eric Newton 2013-05-14, 02:48
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-05-17, 14:26
On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 7:26 AM, Adam Fuchs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Sorry to be late to the party, but did we come to a consensus on this?
> Seems like we still have opinions both ways as to whether the cpp code
> should be packaged with the binary distribution. I would argue that cpp
> code is a special case, since the build is so platform dependent. It's
> generally hard to distribute the right .so files to cover all platforms,
> and we have run into many cases in practice where the native maps don't
> work out of the box. While downloading the source and untarring it over the
> same directory is not too much extra work,
I'm neutral on whether the source files should be included in the binary
artifacts.  However, I wanted to point out that it sounds like untarring
the source over binaries is not the recommended procedure.  So what is the
recommended procedure?  Untar the source, navigate to the c++ directory,
build, and drop the resulting .so file into an existing binary
installation?  Or just build your own binary tarball from source?

Billie
it seems like the only argument

+
Christopher 2013-05-17, 15:53