Avro >> mail # user >> Reader / Writer terminology

Re: Reader / Writer terminology
It can be a view, or a transformation.  You might view data_a with
schema_b.  Or, you might take binary data, conforming to schema A and
directly re-write it to binary data, conforming to schema B.  Most Avro
APIs don't yet handle workflows that are not 'read' and 'write' --
transformations to or from object representations to serialized forms.

The general case includes all transformation classes as well as views.