HBase, mail # user - Re: Hadoop not working after replacing hadoop-core.jar with hadoop-core-append.jar

Re: Hadoop not working after replacing hadoop-core.jar with hadoop-core-append.jar
Mike Spreitzer 2011-06-10, 18:43
Thanks for the clarification.  How about the following update to the text?
 Where it currently says

<para>Because HBase depends on Hadoop, it bundles an instance of the 240
Hadoop jar under its <filename>lib</filename> directory. The bundled 241
Hadoop was made ...

we clarify that the bundled JAR is ONLY for use in standalone mode,
perhaps like this:

<para>Because HBase depends on Hadoop, it bundles an instance of the 240
Hadoop jar under its <filename>lib</filename> directory --- but this is
<emphasis>only</emphasis> for use in standalone mode. The bundled 241
Hadoop was made ...

Also, why does this text say 240 at first and then 241?  And why not
explicitly give the name of the JAR file in question, which is
hadoop-core-0.20-append-r1056497?

Thanks,
Mike Spreitzer