HBase >> mail # user >> JVM seg fault in HBase region server

JVM seg fault in HBase region server
Hi,

I am seeing the following which is a JVM segfault:

hbase-regionser[28734]: segfault at 8 ip 00007f269bcc307e sp
00007fff50f7e638 error 4 in libc-2.15.so[7f269bc51000+1b5000]

Benoit Tsuna reported a similar issue a while back -
http://blog.tsunanet.net/2011/05/jvm-u24-segfault-in-clearerr-on-jaunty.html

I wonder if there was ever a resolution on the issue. We are running java
version "1.6.0_38"
, ubuntu precise 12.04 - kernel 3.2. The libc version from the above line
seems to be 2.15.

I wonder if people have seen this in the past and if yes, were they able to
resolve it and if yes, then how ? Was it a VM upgrade, a kernel upgrade or
a libc upgrade ?

Thanks
Varun