Home | About | Sematext search-lucene.com search-hadoop.com
NEW: Monitor These Apps!
elasticsearch, apache solr, apache hbase, hadoop, redis, casssandra, amazon cloudwatch, mysql, memcached, apache kafka, apache zookeeper, apache storm, ubuntu, centOS, red hat, debian, puppet labs, java, senseiDB
 Search Hadoop and all its subprojects:

Switch to Threaded View
HBase >> mail # user >> How to install Snappy?


Copy link to this message
-
Re: How to install Snappy?
Hi,

In $HBASE_HOME/conf/hbase-env.sh, have you added the following line? (assume that you are using 64-bit)
export HBASE_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/native/Linux-amd64-64

If yes, I guess you should try to restart HBase.

Thanks
ac
On 2 Dec 2012, at 7:57 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari wrote:

> Sorry, I forgot to paste few maybe useful lines. I have the lib in
> /usr/local/lib copied properly, and I have the HBASE_LIBRARY_PATH set
> correctly. Do I need to restart HBase to run this test?
>
> hbase@node3:~/hbase-0.94.2$ export HBASE_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/
> hbase@node3:~/hbase-0.94.2$ bin/hbase
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.CompressionTest /tmp/test.txt snappy
> 12/12/01 18:55:29 INFO util.ChecksumType:
> org.apache.hadoop.util.PureJavaCrc32 not available.
> 12/12/01 18:55:29 INFO util.ChecksumType: Checksum can use java.util.zip.CRC32
> 12/12/01 18:55:29 INFO util.ChecksumType:
> org.apache.hadoop.util.PureJavaCrc32C not available.
> 12/12/01 18:55:29 DEBUG util.FSUtils: Creating file:/tmp/test.txtwith
> permission:rwxrwxrwx
> 12/12/01 18:55:29 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load
> native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes
> where applicable
> 12/12/01 18:55:29 WARN metrics.SchemaConfigured: Could not determine
> table and column family of the HFile path /tmp/test.txt. Expecting at
> least 5 path components.
> 12/12/01 18:55:29 WARN snappy.LoadSnappy: Snappy native library is available
> 12/12/01 18:55:29 WARN snappy.LoadSnappy: Snappy native library not loaded
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: native snappy
> library not available
> at org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.SnappyCodec.getCompressorType(SnappyCodec.java:123)
> at org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.CodecPool.getCompressor(CodecPool.java:100)
> at org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.CodecPool.getCompressor(CodecPool.java:112)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.Compression$Algorithm.getCompressor(Compression.java:264)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.HFileBlock$Writer.<init>(HFileBlock.java:739)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.HFileWriterV2.finishInit(HFileWriterV2.java:127)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.HFileWriterV2.<init>(HFileWriterV2.java:118)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.HFileWriterV2$WriterFactoryV2.createWriter(HFileWriterV2.java:101)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.HFile$WriterFactory.create(HFile.java:394)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.CompressionTest.doSmokeTest(CompressionTest.java:108)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.CompressionTest.main(CompressionTest.java:138)
> hbase@node3:~/hbase-0.94.2$ ll /usr/local/lib/
> total 572
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root staff 391614 déc  1 18:33 libsnappy.a
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root staff    957 déc  1 18:33 libsnappy.la
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root staff     18 déc  1 18:33 libsnappy.so -> libsnappy.so.1.1.3
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root staff     18 déc  1 18:33 libsnappy.so.1 -> libsnappy.so.1.1.3
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root staff 178210 déc  1 18:33 libsnappy.so.1.1.3
> drwxrwsr-x 4 root staff   4096 jui 13 10:06 python2.6
> drwxrwsr-x 4 root staff   4096 jui 13 10:06 python2.7
> hbase@node3:~/hbase-0.94.2$
>
>
> 2012/12/1, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm currently using GZip and want to move to Snappy.
>>
>> I have downloaded the tar file, extracted, build, make install, make
>> check, everything is working fine.
>>
>> However, I'm not able to get this working:
>> bin/hbase org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.CompressionTest /tmp/test.txt snappy
>> 12/12/01 18:46:21 WARN snappy.LoadSnappy: Snappy native library not loaded
>> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: native snappy
>> library not available
>> at
>> org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.SnappyCodec.getCompressorType(SnappyCodec.java:123)
>>
>> Sound like HBase is not able to find the native library. How can I
>> tell HBase where the library is?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> JM
>>

NEW: Monitor These Apps!
elasticsearch, apache solr, apache hbase, hadoop, redis, casssandra, amazon cloudwatch, mysql, memcached, apache kafka, apache zookeeper, apache storm, ubuntu, centOS, red hat, debian, puppet labs, java, senseiDB