Pig >> mail # user >> How can I generate a Map from a Tuple or a Bag

Re: How can I generate a Map from a Tuple or a Bag
Hi Ruihong -- if you can coalesce your data into (key1, value1, key2,
value2, key3, value3...) format, then you can use the TOMAP built-in
function:

If you have more complex conversion requirements, then you can pass
the data off to a UDF which returns back a map.

Norbert