Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] Should we define the Common committers as HDFS + MapReduce committers?

+
Owen OMalley 2010-08-16, 21:38
+
Arun C Murthy 2010-08-16, 21:43
+
Jakob Homan 2010-08-16, 21:58
Re: [VOTE] Should we define the Common committers as HDFS + MapReduce committers?
+1 I believe that so long as we have synchronized releases then we're
co-developing a single product and should be a single community.

Doug

On 08/16/2010 02:38 PM, Owen O'Malley wrote:
> Since the project split, it is mostly required that any MapReduce or
> HDFS committers have access to change Common. We haven't had any cases
> where we wanted to nominate any one for just Common. Toward the goal of
> simplifying the structure, I'd propose that we define the Common
> committers as precisely the union of the HDFS committers and MapReduce
> committers.
>
> Clearly, I'm +1.
>
> -- Owen
+