Flume >> mail # user >> best way to put UDP JSON data into Hadoop

+
Peter Eisentraut 2013-05-30, 20:27
+
Paul Chavez 2013-05-30, 20:43
RE: best way to put UDP JSON data into Hadoop
Paul has some more "real life" examples, I will give some thoughts based more ideas...which may or may not be valuable...

I think you will need to create some custom source that will accept the JSON over UDP.  Looking at some of the current sources out there I think you can use the designs from the HTTP Source and the Syslog UDP sources.  The HTTP source has handlers to support JSON if you wanted to parse the JSON up front before writing the event to the channel.   This though still seems to then require your custom hbase sink.  I'd let the JSON go right on through.

Now,on the SINK side, you can use the  HBaseSink.  if you wanted to re-use the RegexHbaseEventSerializer

      The RegexHbaseEventSerializer (org.apache.flume.sink.hbase.RegexHbaseEventSerializer) breaks
       the event body based on the given regex and writes each part into different columns.]

I think you could get away with that and parse the JSON using regex.  However, I think the regex may end up being too complicated.  So as an alternative, do something similar to the RegexHbaseEventSerializer but rather parse the JSON using native JSON parsers, then write each JSON property to the row (take a look at the RegexHbaseEventSerializer.getActions() method)

Hope that helps...
Phil Scala
Global Relay

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

866.484.6630  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  globalrelay.com