Hive >> mail # user >> Correct way to use Hive Java API

Re: Correct way to use Hive Java API
  I think the new Table("default", "pokes")will create a dummy table
object with only the db name and table name set. It will not retrieve the
table information from metastore.

If you are looking for the schema information and retrieve the data, you
might want to consider using the JDBC interface. The JDBC driver can be
used with a remote hiveserver as well embedded hive.

thanks
Prasad