HBase >> mail # dev >> Question on Coprocessors and Atomicity

Re: Question on Coprocessors and Atomicity
Just so my question is clear ... everything I'm suggesting is in the
context of a single row (not cross row / table). - so, yes, I'm
guessing obtaining a RowLock on the region side during preCheckAndPut
/ postCheckAndPut would certainly work. Which was why I was asking
whether the pre/postCheckAndPut obtains the row lock or whether the
row lock is only obtained within checkAndPut.

Let's say the coprocessor takes a rowlock in preCheckAndPut ... will
that even work? i.e. can the same rowlock be inherited by the
checkAndPut api within that thread's context? Or will preCheckAndPut
have to release the lock so that checkAndPut can take it (which won't
work for my case, as it has to be atomic between the preCheck and
Put.)

Thanks for pointing me to the Constraints functionality - I'll take a
look at whether it could potentially work.
--Suraj