Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Fostering a Hadoop security dev community

Re: Fostering a Hadoop security dev community
On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 12:15 PM, Aaron T. Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sorry, what exactly do you mean by "meetup" ?

A like minded group meeting together to discuss and solve common
cross-cutting issues, here: security. Or call it a virtual
birds-of-a-feather?

Note, however, that certainly not all of what are generally considered the
> "Hadoop  ecosystem" projects build their security using only what's in
> Hadoop Common, e.g. Hive makes extensive use of Thrift and Thrift's SASL
> implementation.

Sure. It's an ecosystem wide effort centered around Hadoop Common. We can
produce something more likely to be taken up by projects like Hive if we
include them and their considerations at the outset. If we have a common
public security list, we can go evangelize it to projects like Hive and
hopefully we can get active participation from someone in their community.
Likewise with Pig, HBase, Avro, ZooKeeper, Flume, Sqoop, and so on.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)