MapReduce >> mail # user >> Choose an distribution

Re: Choose an distribution
I would list out my organization technical needs (like HBase, Cassandra,
Hive, Flume, Sqoop, Mahout etc including my future requirements)  and then
see which distribution fits for my use cases.  But, In general, consider
below points to make a right choice of your distribution.

Choose one of the two – 1) build a custom stack or 2) Use a Distribution

-  Choose your approach (Custom or Distribution) based on your team’s
skills,  whether this is a tactical experiment or strategic initiative and
how well available distributions fit your use case.
-  Balance the enterprise’s longer term needs with immediate pressures to
deliver, consider  projects that may be needed for future initiatives.
-  Evaluate distribution vendor as a whole if you plan to run Hadoop for
the long term. Look at financial viability, support capabilities,
partnerships and future technology plans.

Regards,
Venkat Ankam