HBase >> mail # user >> What could cause HBase's writes slower than reads?

What could cause HBase's writes slower than reads?
Hi, All,
In my HBase cluster, I observed Put() executes faster than a Get(). Since
HBase is optimized towards write, I wonder what may affect Put performance
in a distributed setting below.

Hbase setup:
My HBase cluster are of three nodes, in which one hosts zookeeper and
HMaster, and two slaves. HBase cluster is attached to HDFS which resides on
a separated cluster. The machines are fairly commodity or lower end, with
2G memory and 1-core CPU.

Observed results:
I test the Put and Get latency on this setup, and find out Put runs slower
than Get (which is a bit surprising to me.) In case anyone is interested,
in my result, Put() takes around 3000us and Get only in 1000us (so I think
it does not touch disk).

What could possibly slow dow Put() and speed up Get() performance in HBase?
Does this possibly have to do with distributed setting, like Put needs
update multiple (duplicated) copies while Gets only one..  I am quite
newbie to HBase internal and not familiar with HBase Put/Get code path, has
anyone here have similar experiences?

Thanks,
Yun