Flume, mail # user - Flume-NG -- 2 Sources and a single Sink

RE: Flume-NG -- 2 Sources and a single Sink
Babu, Prashanth 2013-04-03, 04:06
Thanks for your inputs Israel.
As of now, both my sources are using separate channels [Memory] and my custom sink is just getting all the events and pushing them to a flat file on the disk.
I am trying to learn and understand Flume-NG with this prototype.
I will go thru the Flume User Guide as well.

Regards,
Prashanth.

From: Israel Ekpo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 4:34 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Flume-NG -- 2 Sources and a single Sink

Checkout the user guide for Flume NG instead

http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html

I would suggest that you use separate channels (preferably the FileChannel) for each source.

I am not sure what your custom sink looks like, but if it capable of handling multiple incoming requests simultaneously like MongoDB, Elastic Search, Apache Solr, MySQL or CouchBase you should still be able to set them up as separate sinks but technically all the events are going to the same centralized store.

The user guide is more up to date and contains more examples that could help you decide which way to go.

Review the various examples and data flow designs.