Accumulo >> mail # user >> Mock classes for JUnit Testing

Mock classes for JUnit Testing
Hello,

I am trying to write JUnit tests for Accumulo and I keep running into
dead-ends with the “Mock” classes.

/*

  * So, the following lines are how I would traditionally establish an
instance to perform Accumulo reads or writes

  */

Instance       zooInstance    = new ZooKeeperInstance( *InstanceName*, *
ZooServers*);

Connector      connector      = zooInstance.getConnector(*UserName*, *
PassWord*);

/*

  * The following lines would be how I would perform a write to Accumulo

  */

BatchWriter batchWriter   = configuration.getBatchWriter();

Mutation    videoMutation = *new* Mutation(*new* Text( *RowId *));

videoMutation.put(*ColumnFamily*, *ColumnQualifer*, *Value *);

batchWriter.addMutation(videoMutation);

batchWriter.flush();

batchWriter.close();

/*

  * The following lines would be how I would perform a read from Accumulo

  */

Authorizations authorizations = new Authorizations();

Scanner        scanner        = connector.createScanner(*TableName*,
authorizations);

scanner.setRange(*new* Range(*RowId*));

scanner.fetchColumnFamily(*columnFamily*);

Iterator<Entry<Key,Value>> iterator = scanner.iterator();

So, I tried to repeat this process, but substituted:

MockInstance instance = new MockInstance()

                   Or

Instance     instance = new MockInstance();

and everything works great until I attempt to addMutation(videoMutation).
That throws a NullPointerException.

I’ve also tried to use the MockConnector & even MockBatchWriter classes,
but have not had any success.

I would really appreciate any help you could provide.

Best Regards,

Josh