Flume >> mail # user >> Could not instantiate class org.apache.flume.clients.log4jappender

+
孙东亮 2013-01-14, 03:25
RE: Could not instantiate class org.apache.flume.clients.log4jappender
Put flume-log4j-appender<https://repository.cloudera.com/content/repositories/releases/com/cloudera/flume-log4j-appender/0.9.4-cdh3u1/flume-log4j-appender-0.9.4-cdh3u1.jar>.jar in CLASSPATH. Jar can be found in FLUME_HOME/lib/

From: 孙东亮 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2013 8:55 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Could not instantiate class org.apache.flume.clients.log4jappender
I'm a newbie for the Flume, and I just set up flume for a test.
I want to use the log4jappender to get log info from PIG scripts, the log4j.properties is:

log4j.appender.flume = org.apache.flume.clients.log4jappender.Log4jAppender

log4j.appender.flume.Hostname = localhost

log4j.appender.flume.Port = 41414

log4j.logger.org.apache.pig=DEBUG,flume

And for the flume.config:

a1.sources = r1

a1.sinks = k1

a1.channels = c1

# Describe/configure the source

a1.sources.r1.type = avro

a1.sources.r1.bind = localhost

a1.sources.r1.port = 41414

# Describe the sink

a1.sinks.k1.type = logger

# Use a channel which buffers events in memory

a1.channels.c1.type = memory

a1.channels.c1.capacity = 1000

a1.channels.c1.transactionCapacity = 100

# Bind the source and sink to the channel

a1.sources.r1.channels = c1

a1.sinks.k1.channel = c1

But I got the following error when run a pig script:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.flume.clients.log4jappender.Log4jAppender
at org.apache.log4j.helpers.Loader.loadClass(Loader.java:179)
at org.apache.log4j.helpers.OptionConverter.instantiateByClassName(OptionConverter.java:320)
at org.apache.log4j.helpers.OptionConverter.instantiateByKey(OptionConverter.java:121)
at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseAppender(PropertyConfigurator.java:664)
at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseCategory(PropertyConfigurator.java:647)
at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseCatsAndRenderers(PropertyConfigurator.java:568)
at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyConfigurator.java:442)
at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.configure(PropertyConfigurator.java:367)
at org.apache.pig.Main.configureLog4J(Main.java:678)
at org.apache.pig.Main.run(Main.java:337)
log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate appender named "flume".

Could you please help me find what I miss or where is incorrect for the configuration.

Thanks a lot!
Dongliang

________________________________
The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient(s). Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on the basis of information in this e-mail and using or disseminating the information, and must notify the sender and delete it from their system. L&T Infotech will not accept responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of, or the presence of any virus or disabling code in this e-mail"
+
Dongliang Sun 2013-01-14, 05:24
+
Connor Woodson 2013-01-14, 05:50
+
Dongliang Sun 2013-01-14, 06:05
+
Chhaya Vishwakarma 2013-01-14, 06:10
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2013-01-14, 06:58
+
Connor Woodson 2013-01-14, 07:10
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2013-01-14, 08:53
+
Dongliang Sun 2013-01-14, 09:30
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2013-01-14, 10:01
+
Dongliang Sun 2013-01-14, 07:11
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2013-01-14, 08:13
+
Dongliang Sun 2013-01-14, 08:37
+
Dongliang Sun 2013-01-14, 05:42