HBase, mail # dev - HBase - Secondary Index

+
Anoop Sam John 2012-12-04, 08:10
+
Jan Van Besien 2012-12-04, 19:24
+
Anoop Sam John 2012-12-05, 11:04
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-12-05, 11:28
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-12-05, 11:40
+
Jan Van Besien 2012-12-05, 15:12
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-12-05, 17:42
+
Andrey Stepachev 2012-12-05, 11:52
+
Anoop Sam John 2012-12-05, 12:55
+
Andrey Stepachev 2012-12-05, 15:59
+
Anoop John 2012-12-05, 17:54
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2012-12-05, 19:23
+
lars hofhansl 2012-12-05, 21:03
Re: HBase - Secondary Index
Andrew Purtell 2012-12-06, 04:41
We won't find a secondary indexing scheme for HBase that will fit all
use cases.

However I am becoming convinced we should distribute as part of the
distribution something good enough for some subset of simple/common
use cases, so users have *something* to try, and can play around it.
Everyone asks for it. All the time.

I'd guess that would look like a coprocessor based solution, so
there's no cost to those who don't want to use it, and minimal changes
to core code.

Maybe it would suit them, or if not at least they will have enough
experience having played around with it to decide why they might need
to do something else and what that might look like for their use case.

+
Anoop Sam John 2012-12-06, 04:57
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-12-06, 13:05