Pig >> mail # user >> using hdfs shell commands in a pig script

using hdfs shell commands in a pig script
Hello,

Is it possible to use hadoop fs commands in a pig script?

What i exactly want to do is, at the end of my pig script, after the
execution of store in a file command, I want the pig script to merge the
multiple output files it creates.

So either I can try and execute the hadoop fs -getmerge command in the pig
script, or is there some other way to do it in pig?

I got this idea, since grunt supports hadoop fs commands so I thought maybe
it is possible to somehow execute them from within a pig script file.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanking You,

--
Regards,