Bigtop >> mail # user >> Running tests without VM / install context

+
Jay Vyas 2013-06-17, 15:59
Re: Running tests without VM / install context
On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 8:59 AM, Jay Vyas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi : Is there a distilled example of how to run the bigtop smoke tests
> outside of the context of the bigtop framework?
>
> For example, on a live cluster - how can I run the hive smoke tests?

Almost all of our tests expect JUnit executor of some kind as
an entry point. The default execution is done via some
maven magic under bigtop-tests/test-execution. A good
example for you would be:
    bigtop-tests/test-execution/smokes/hive/pom.xml

Now, that said, any kind of JUnit executor would do.

The only caveat is that our tests expect certain sysprops/env variables
to be set in order to function properly -- Maven entry
point under bigtop-tests/test-execution/smokes does that
automatically, but if you don't use maven you would have
to do it yourself.

There's also these wiki pages that can help:
   https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/Running+integration+and+system+tests
   https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/Writing+integration+and+system+tests
   https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/Setting+up+Bigtop+to+run+HBase+system+tests

Thanks,