Avro >> mail # user >> DataFileWriter thread safty

DataFileWriter thread safty
Hi,
I am writing a kafka consumer that persists messages into avro record files.
The consumer is a threaded application, but it is unclear to me if DataFileWriter is thread safe, or I need to add some synchronization
code when appending messages ?