HBase >> mail # user >> How to know it's time for a major compaction?

Re: How to know it's time for a major compaction?
bq. they will major compact any region the balancer has moved.

Interesting. Do they achieve this through scripting ?

I think HBase can perform some follow-on action after region movement.

Cheers