HBase, mail # dev - Hive / Pig procedural languages for HBase?

Re: Hive / Pig procedural languages for HBase?
Andrew Purtell 2012-12-31, 18:51
> Are Hive / Pig procedural languages for HBase?

No. Apache Hive and Apache Pig are substantially more than that, and are
tools on their own that might have a connector for HBase. You should refer
to hive.apache.org and pig.apache.org for more information.

> (with shell as the command line utility)

The HBase shell is JRuby and therefore integrates the HBase client API with
the Ruby language, so I'd argue the HBase shell is a procedural language
for HBase. Note though that the HBase shell is a client, this is on the
client side. If you are looking for something akin to stored procedures,
then the answer is no, there is no PLSQL server side equivalent. What we do
have is an extension framework known as Coprocessors. For more information
see: https://blogs.apache.org/hbase/entry/coprocessor_introduction

--
Best regards,

   - Andy