HBase, mail # user - Master node Question

RE: Master node Question
Jonathan Gray 2011-02-07, 19:42
Unfortunately, this is not the case for the HDFS NameNode.  HDFS does not support out-of-the-box backup master nodes.  There are a few different techniques people use for NameNode high availability... you should be able to find some stuff with a Google search, though none are especially simple.

In general, people run the NameNode on a more fault tolerant node... Dual PSUs, RAID, etc... I'd recommend at least mirrored RAID on the master nodes and dual power supplies.

JG