HBase >> mail # dev >> Extend the Hadoop QA bot to handle dependencies

Re: Extend the Hadoop QA bot to handle dependencies
Yes, it's a good idea.
It seems feasible. The code executed by HadoopQA is in the hbase repo in
dev-support/test-patch.sh, so we control it. It's easy to add  tests there.
One thing to take care about however is how long it takes to do that. maven
plugins are surprising sometimes.
As well, if the plugin outputs cleanly the undeclared dependencies, we
could just fix them all at the beginning instead of doing a diff. We did
this for the javadoc warnings, and it worked.

Cheers,

Nicolas