Bigtop, mail # dev - [DISCUSS] stabilizing Hadoop releases wrt. downstream

+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-02-27, 01:31
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-02-27, 01:43
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-03-01, 18:58
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-03-05, 06:15
+
Robert Evans 2013-03-05, 15:18
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-03-06, 05:02
+
Giridharan Kesavan 2013-03-06, 06:05
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-03-06, 15:24
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-03-06, 18:19
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-03-08, 17:55
Re: [DISCUSS] stabilizing Hadoop releases wrt. downstream
Matt Foley 2013-03-08, 22:16

> If future Hadoop RMs would
> be willing to drop us a note and indicate when the branch
> is in a shape where Bigtop feedback is ready to be received
> I think that'll be the best way to proceed.
This info is always broadcast to [EMAIL PROTECTED],
but I will try to remember to send such a pre-announcement directly
to Bigtop also.  In fact, I'll modify the HowToRelease instructions to
incorporate this as a step.

Would you like that to be sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]?

Thanks,
--Matt

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 9:55 AM, Roman Shaposhnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 7:24 AM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> The issue that a downstream
> >> integration project is likely to have is - for once - the absence of
> >> regularly published development artifacts. In the light of "it didn't
> >> happen if there's no picture" here's a couple of examples:
> >
> >  Maybe I wasn't clear, apologies, my request is simpler: Can Bigtop
> validate a Hadoop RC?
>
> The short answer to this is -- yes. It would be extremely nice if
> we don't have to wait till the first official RC but could jump on
> the branch somewhat sooner. That, of course, would require
> a higher degree of coordination. If future Hadoop RMs would
> be willing to drop us a note and indicate when the branch
> is in a shape where Bigtop feedback is ready to be received
> I think that'll be the best way to proceed.
>
> Do you think this would be a reasonable agreement?
>
> On a related subject -- it would be extremely nice if Hadoop
> community can help us with planning the bill of materials
> for the future release of Bigtop. Essentially taking a bit
> of a more active role in yay'ing or nay'ing our version
> choices. There's a thread on LTS Bigtop releases that
> Cos started but I think we can only hope to have an LTS
> if the underlying Hadoop is also LTS'ish.
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.

+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-03-01, 20:23